Having a few professional images in your brand portfolio makes a BIG difference and can be a real game changer when it comes to people’s perception of you.
In this video I share my top tips for getting professional photography whatever your budget. These are tips I’ve picked up after working with photographers of all kinds charging everything from £100 per shoot to £5000. It’s also what I’ve learnt by doing things wrong – more than once – in my early years. If you have the budget to work with a professional then be sure to choose the photographer that is going to help you relax and be comfortable in front of the camera, one that cares about getting the best pictures for you. It doesn’t have to be expensive as long as you plan before the shoot!
Here’s my 3 Pre-shoot planning tips:
- Create a list of all the pictures you need for your marketing (website, social, brochure, email etc) and prioritise so you can get the most out of your day.
- Create a Pinterest board of the style of photography you like so you can create the right mood. Bright and friendly or dark and edgy? There are lots of styles out there, get on the same page with your photographer.
- Create a Pinterest board with inspiration for your personal style and plan your wardrobe.
5 tips for on the day:
- Bring alternative outfits
- Have a variety of backgrounds, none too interesting or boring.
- Don’t always stand and look dead centre. Move around, look to the side etc
- Laugh rather than smile and interact with someone
- Go for it! Have fun. Let go of any insecurities.
BONUS TIP: Ask your photographer to take Landscape pictures because they are the most versatile. Portrait are a nightmare on websites!
Bottom line: People buy from people so stop hiding and be the face of your brand or at least show the people behind the business.