September is here! It’s like a second January but with a lot more wasps. I hate wasps. I think that’s why they like me so much. Pesky fiends follow me around whilst I waft my arms about wildly and run as far as possible, unless of course I’m in a meeting with you then i’ll pretend i’m a ‘stay stiller’ but I’m not, I’m NOT!
Moving quickly on… September is the second January and that means it’s perfect for fresh starts, purposeful action and finding all kinds of passionate energy to move your business forward.
Fired up! Ready to go!
That’s me right now and I hope that’s you too. But, if you’re still in the post holiday blues and feeling all ‘meh’ then I’ve got a few tips to help you out:
1. Watch this comedy video by Michael McIntyre on wasps. Laughter is wonderful medicine.
2. Watch this contest winning elevator pitch then think about how much more energy you could be putting into your communications. Passion speaks volumes. It’s 9 years old and still my favourite example.
3. Collaborate with people that get you excited and turn your brain on. Yesterday I jumped on a conversation with three inspirational women to talk jealousy, competition and being a woman in business. Watch it here.
4. Give creativity some freedom! Last week I blocked out an entire week to work on anything I wanted. An entire week! It felt indulgent and wonderful and the result was The Marketing Knot Magazine. If you’re reading this on the site let me know what you think!
5. Get yourself to a networking event. Listen to people, help people. Feel good about being in business by surrounding yourself with others who love what they do.
6. Share, connect, converse. We want to hear from you. We want to learn from you. We want your contribution. One voice can change everything as Barack Obama explains in this video. Fired up! Ready to go!
7. Reconnect with WHY you’re doing this in the first place. For me it’s FREEDOM! I love it 🙂
Remember, business should never be boring so find the fun!
**This post was part of a monthly email series where I share my favourite tactics, tips and templates for free. Sign up here if you want in.**